• To plan the alternate use of naval forces in crisis situations and during wartime;
• To train the personnel of the Fleet Command for planning and leading actions;
• To perform command and operational control over own and operational subordinate forces;
• To Survey/monitor and perform the management of the maritime and fluvial space;
• To cooperate with operational commands, civil protection services and the border police;
• To conduct search and rescue operations, evacuation and humanitarian operations under special circumstances and in case of catastrophes and/or natural disasters;
• To organize naval research and surveillance of zones, leading lines or itineraries in the maritime/fluvial space;
• To coordinate the carrying out of courier, liaison missions and naval transport of troops, combat supplies, ammunition and materials.